Dragonfly Readers: Fun and Games
Read English, Discover Asia
Dragonfly Readers is a levelled reading series that encourages young learners of English to explore and appreciate the unity and diversity of Asian cultures. The series features beautifully illudtrated stories and non-fiction texts, written by Asian authors, and infused with Asian culture, themes and values.
Rights: OUP UK (Indian Territory)
Fun and Games is Band 4 of Dragonfly Readers Level 3 | Teal. This anthology contains four theme-linked reading texts.
Table of contents
- Traditional Asian Toys
- The Rainblow Loom
- Shaan Town Tales - Game Night
- An Archery Adventure
- Beautifully-illustrated stories and non-fiction texts by Asia authors and artists.
- Asian culture, themes and values infused in the series.
- Culture and vocabulary pages, supplementary projects and activities.
- 9 tiered-levelling, each denoted by a number and colour, provide transparency in reading skill progression.
- 6 bands per level; each band offers 3-4 theme-linked reading texts within a printed anthology.
- Each reading text introduces a set of topic-related new words with practice and support materials.
- Text complexity gradually increases through the bands, so learners incrementally gain comprehension skills.
- Aligns to Oxford Levels and correlates with CEFR.
- Comprehensive Teacher Support includes cultural information and thought-provoking discussion questions for each reading text; worksheets for vocabulary practice, reading comprehension, phonics, and thinking skills development; detailed teaching notes for each story, offering step-by-step teaching instruction.