Oxford Student Atlas for India (4th Edition)
Useful for Competitive Exams
- The Oxford Student Atlas for India uses state-of-the-art techniques to produce maps that are accurate and easy to read. Thoroughly researched and up-to-date, this fourth edition of the atlas caters to the needs of the students preparing for competitive examinations conducted by the UPSC, State Public Service Commissions and other examining bodies.
- The Oxford Student Atlas for India contains a variety of maps, charts, and graphs that provide geographic information on the world, continents, oceans, and the regions and countries of the world. It includes up-to-date information on various global issues, such as climate change, environmental degradation, and population growth, etc.
- The atlas also brings an interactive digital resource. Just download the OXFORD AREAL app and scan the cover for free additional exercises, reference maps, learning resources and much more on your tablet/mobile phone.
Special Exam-oriented Features
- 270+ map-based questions on the pattern of the UPSC, State Public Service Commissions and other competitive exams; answers provided in the Areal app
- Separate physical and political maps of India and the continents
- Latest socio-economic maps and data environmental
- Covers topical themes: biosphere reserves, wetlands, power projects, space exploration, etc.
- Includes 12 maps on Indian climate, 20 maps on Indian agriculture, 8 maps on environmental concerns and 24 maps on the history of the Indian subcontinent
- Reflects recent administrative changes in India and the world.
- Latest socio-economic maps and data culled from authoritative sources.
- Special sections on the history of map-making, and concepts of contour and landforms
- Symbols for each place name from India and the world according to population range
- Contains a fully updated and revised index
Oxford Areal Features
- 17 animations on key geographical concepts
- 11 videos on important historical events
- Interactive map-based exercises and games on:
(i) India: Crops – 08 themes
(ii) India: Thematic – 07 themes
(iii) World: Flags; Capitals; Currencies
- 17 Interactive quizzes with 3 difficulty levels
- 10 printable quizzes and map-based exercises
- Reference maps on:
(i) India: 35 maps
(ii) World: 41 maps
(iii) 20 printable outline maps
- Key statistics: India and the World